Investors
> Stock
> Analyst
> SEC Filings
> News
Releases

> FAQ
> Annual
Reports

> Contact Us
> Email Alerts
> Webcasts & Presentations

Corporate Governance

Investor Relations

JRCC - NASDAQ
Last Trade 4:00 PM ET
Apr 16, 2014
Price $0.25
Change - 0.04
Volume 1,278,700

We mine, process and sell thermal and metallurgical coal through eight operating subsidiaries located throughout eastern Kentucky, southern West Virginia, and southern Indiana.  As of December 31, 2012 our eight mining complexes included 18 underground mines, 9 surface mines and 13 preparation plants.  We also have access to the CSX, NS, and Indiana Railroads.

In 2012, we produced 9.5 million tons of coal (including 0.4 million tons of coal produced in our mines that are operated by contract mine operators) and we purchased another 2.0 million tons for resale.  Of the 9.5 million tons produced from Company mines, approximately 64% came from underground mines, while the remaining 36% came from surface mines.  In 2012, we generated revenues of $1.1 billion.  Approximately 44% of our 2012 revenues were generated from coal sales to electric utility companies and the remainder came from coal sales to industrial and other companies.

Recent Releases
Apr 7, 2014
James River Coal Company Files For Chapter 11 Reorganization To Restructure Balance Sheet And Continue Exploration Of Strategic Alternatives
Mar 24, 2014
James River Coal Company Announces Receipt of NASDAQ Notices
View all releases »